Job Posting – Royalty Centre Facility Manager
The Manager of Royalty Centre shall be responsible for organizing, managing and performing the activities related to operations, maintenance, repairs, and improvements to Royalty Centre. The manager shall also be responsible for leading and supervising all Royalty Centre staff.
The principal duties of this position are performed in an indoor and outdoor environment. The Facility
Manager is responsible to the Executive Director of Sport PEI. The Facility Manager’s duties are performed independently, using skills brought to the job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of Royalty Centre;
- Participate as a member of the management group for Royalty Centre;
- Work with the staff of the Department of Transportation and Public Works to ensure management requirements are met;
- Planning and managing the facility’s operations budget;
- Develop a maintenance and renovation plan and strategies for Royalty Centre;
- Lead and supervise staff, including recruitment & selection, orientation, training and development, performance and attendance management, coaching, recognition and reward, discipline and termination, succession planning, work scheduling, employee health & safety, issues resolution, and grievance process;
- Establish a positive healthy and safe work environment, ensuring staff compliance with safety policies, procedures, practices and rules, as well as all relevant Prince Edward Island health and safety codes;
- Allocate resources to meet those needs in a timely and economically efficient manner;
- Authorize and/or prepare all invoices for payment;
- Maintain control over cash funds, cash receipts and billing for the facility;
- Serve as the primary liaison with all tenants of the facility, resolving tenant concerns and complaints;
- Approve all requests for leave and overtime work;
- Coordinate and organize the opening and closing of the facility in on and off hours.
- Ensure that the Royalty Centre is operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise and/or perform the installation, operation and maintenance of all electrical/mechanical equipment in Royalty Centre, which includes: HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, and data wiring;
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical problems, direct staff or outside contractors to carry out the necessary repairs;
- Coordinate and manage projects related to the successful operations of Royalty Centre, as assigned by the Department of Transportation and Public Works;
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs;
- Ensure the testing and maintenance of life safety systems, which include fire alarms, security systems, and evacuation procedures;
- Co-ordinate cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations;
- Plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, vending machines, key system, safety inspections, and security;
- Monitor and order cleaning supplies and services;
- Initiate and prepare purchase requisitions for equipment, repairs and operations. Receives invoices and ensures processes for payment;
- Oversee the leasing of facility space and receive all facility rental requests;
Other Job Functions
Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Preference is given to a college or university program in a discipline related to facility management and maintenance.
- Equivalent experience or technical training in a related discipline.
- Experience in leadership and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems/controls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have knowledge of financial management;
- Have knowledge of project management;
- Have knowledge of human resource management;
- Have a good understanding of building systems, components and technology;
- Work independently or cooperatively as a member of a team to complete work on schedule and according to quality control standards;
- Identify and recommend improved methods of performing the work;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, building occupants, and the public;
- Show initiative and be able to work with moderate to little supervision;
- Be physically able to perform duties;
- Ability to interpret plans, drawings and specifications;
- Have knowledge of various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite,
Outlook, and Simply Accounting, as may be necessary;
- Have a valid PEI driver’s License;
- Have certification in Safety Training, WHIMIS and First Aid;
- Have a working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines.
The Facility Manager will work in a diverse environment, including working in an office environment and working within and outside the building.
The work may involve crouching and bending, lifting equipment, operating equipment, and working with toxic cleaning solutions. The work may involve working in a confined space.
The Facility Manager works a standard work week, but may work evenings, and weekends to accommodate activities or incidents occurring in the facility.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year