Royalty Centre (House of Sport) is a partnership between the Province of PEI and Sport PEI. The sport community has benefited from this partnership since 2000.
(effective March 4, 2021)
With the announcement of lifting the Alert Level Red measures by the Chief Public Health Office, the Royalty Centre and Sport PEI will be open to the public, effective March 4 at regular hours. Meeting rooms will be open.
COVID-19 - Contact Tracing
Any visitors (this includes board members, contractors, clients, etc.) to the building who are not employees of tenants are asked to sign in and sign out at the main entrance for contract tracing purposes. Please write legibly.
There are no weather updates.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
Meetings must end by 9:45 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Meetings must end by 4:45 pm
Saturday (September to June): 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
COVID-19 - Masks
Effective July 9th, it is no longer mandatory for non-medical masks to be worn in public, indoor spaces in PEI. Masking is still encouraged and PEI residents and visitors should consider their own health, vaccination status and the vaccination status of others around them, and their exposure to the public when deciding to wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
COVID-19 - GUIDELINES
- Maintain physical distancing
- Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Persons who are required to be self-isolating are not permitted in the building
- The Royalty Centre Staff will be using an approved disinfecting solution for COVID-19 in all common areas (shared between tenants) and highly touched areas at least twice daily, as recommended by the Chief Public Health Office (CPHO).
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to clean and sanitize their work areas.
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID practicing good hygiene is essential. Wash or sanitize your hands, cough/sneeze into you elbow or tissue; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Book a Room
(Monday to Saturday, September - June):
Member Organizations and Tenants: No cost (Member organizations and tenants cannot book for outside organizations.)
Non-Profit Organizations and Groups: $25.00 for 1-3 hours; $10.00 for every hour after the first 3 hours.
Others: $45.00 for 1-3 hours; $10 for every hour after the first 3 hours.
Royalty Centre strives to ensure our members and tenants receive the benefits of our facility. We want to ensure that our members and tenants have priority for booking meeting rooms. The onus is on these groups to plan for the organize their meetings to ensure the rooms are available. However, outside groups (non-profit and private) are eligible to book and rent meeting rooms at a cost.
Rentals outside of regular building hours (Friday evenings or Sunday or Saturday, July-August): $15.00/hour.
Meeting rooms at the Royalty Centre are in great demand, because of this, limitations will be placed for the number and length of bookings for outside organizations and groups. For example, meetings cannot be booked in advance of more than 3 months. Royalty Centre and Sport PEI reserve the right to deny any outside organization a meeting space.
Covid-19 Seats: 21
Covid-19 Seats: 13
Covid-19 Seats: 3
Covid-19 Seats: 9
Covid-19 Seats: 10