Interested in becoming a vip coach?
The vip program is designed to raise the bar for what it means to be a coach in Prince Edward Island.
Coaches in the vip program will be leading the way in safe sport and providing environments that encourage positive growth and development in a sport setting.
Why be a vip coach?
Upon meeting the criteria, a coach will be rewarded with the following:
- Clothing Kit (worth over $100)
- Connections with a variety of coaches across Prince Edward Island
- Professional Development opportunities and resources for free
- Discount for the Atlantic Coaches Conference
- Bi-monthly newsletter and social gathering either online or in person
- 15% off discount card for Source for Sports - Charlottetown & Summerside
What is required to be a vip?
To be part of the vip program, coaches must meet specific criteria:
- NCCP Trained or Certified coach in the sport indicated within the application
- Sign Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) Code of Conduct
- Obtain three NCCP Professional Development points within the past 12 months
- Complete CAC Safe Sport Training
- Complete CAC Mental Health in Sport
- Complete NCCP Make Ethical Decisions either in class or online evaluation*
- Complete NCCP Making Head Way
- Submit a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check that has been completed in the last 12 months
- Coaches under the age of 18 should contact Lynn at email@example.com for more details
- Must be a coach from PEI or currently coaching on PEI
*The vip program will cover the cost of NCCP MED in class only
This program is made possible by funding provided by the PEI Department of Health and Wellness, Division of Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity.