Sport PEI Scholarships
Sport PEI offers 4 $1000 Sport Scholarship awards which recognizes excellence and achievement in sport, academics and community involvement. Deadline to apply is Sunday May 15, 2022. The Sport PEI scholarships are made possible with support from Sport Centre Physiotherapy, AVIS Car Rental, Connolly Group, and DALMAC.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduating from a Prince Edward Island High School;
- Have excelled in high school and or provincial sports during the current school year;
- Have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities through volunteerism and sport
- have maintained a strong academic standing during the current school year;
- Entering 1st year at a post-secondary institution in the fall of the current year as a full-time student.
Application for the scholarship must include the following items with the application form:
- List and prioritize your five (5) most outstanding sports achievements. (Please be specific e.g. 1st team All-Star AA Field Hockey, the bronze medal at Canadian Kudo Championships-Junior division, -44kg). In order of importance, International, National, Regional, Provincial, School or Club.
- List of leadership and volunteering activities in community, sport, and school.
- Detail your future plans in school and sport.
- Two (2) letters of reference (sport and/or leadership).
- Copy of Official Academic Record (transcript).
- All applications are online only.