Swim PEI – Administrative Assistant
Swim PEI Inc. the Provincial sport governing body for competitive swimming in Prince Edward Island is seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant. The position will be to a maximum of ten (10) yours per week. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Swim PEI, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth operations of the office, and support to member services.
Duties include general office functions; responding to telephone calls and emails; preparing and distributing correspondence; providing information to the public, members, and volunteers; scheduling meetings; maintaining filing and database systems; maintaining website and social media presence, event registration; provide bookkeeping services, attending to banking; preparing monthly financial reporting and other tasks as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
– well-developed organizational skills, problem solving ability and sound judgment;
– strong attention to details;
– the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
– excellent verbal and written communication ability;
– strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
– initiative and self-motivation;
– the desire and ability to work in a small team environment;
– a diploma in Office Administration with at least 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience;
– proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
– proficiency in Sage 50 account software;
– previous work experience associated with competitive swimming or sport administration will be considered an asset.
The deadline for applications is July 31, 2021. Please reply with details of education, training, experience and personal data in confidence to:
Swim PEI Inc.
40 Enman Cres, #210B
Charlottetown, PEI C1E 1E6
A job description can be found at www.swimpei.com.
Please note that only those candidates being selected for an interview will be contacted.