Summer Student position – AHP Intern
Athlete Health and Performance Intern
(May 30 – August 26, 2022)
Sport PEI is a provincial non-profit organization that promotes amateur sport for all Islanders by partnering to advance the collective interests of sport and to facilitate and support its development.
We are currently seeking an Athlete Health and Performance intern to support various projects and general office work.
• Support the Athlete Health and Performance lead in promoting and building the network of Sport Medicine and Science professionals in PEI;
• Update and assist in content creation for the resource section on the Sport PEI website for all things Sport Medicine and Science;
• Review and evaluate the parent education webinar to help grow this aspect of support
• Support the VIP coaching program;
• Assist with the planning of the 2nd annual Sport Medicine and Science symposium in November;
• Assist with the planning of the athlete seminar in June;
• Assist with all program and service delivery, as needed;
• Provide general office and administrative support as needed.
• Experience in non-profit sector and administration experience;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent time management and organization skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and web content management;
• Program delivery considered an asset;
• Ability to work unsupervised and in a team.
• Post-secondary studies in kinesiology preferred and must be intending to return to school in the fall;
• Must have a valid license and vehicle;
• Must be willing to travel, as needed;
• Light physical duties may be required;
• Non-standard hours may be required.
This is a full-time summer position.
Applications accepted via email (email@example.com) until May 24th, 4:00 pm. Please provide your resume, cover letter, and 2 references.
Thank you to all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.