Sport PEI 2021 AGM
Sport PEI held our virtual Annual General Meeting on Wednesday May 26th. In attendance were members from our Board and Staff, representatives from the PEI government, as well as over 50 members from sports organizations across PEI. The entire Sport PEI team would like to thank the PEI government for all of their support during this past year. We would also like to thank Minister Ernie Hudson for joining us and addressing our members.
Sport PEI highlights from this past year:
- increased our online activity with webinars, workshops, and coaching courses
- PEI Amateur Sport fund issued over $100,000 in grants
- 2020 Sport PEI Awards held at the Confederation Centre of the Arts
- Held several events including – Made in PEI, She Leads, Future Elites Combine, and She’s Good
- Smile Cookies raised over $47,000 for KidSport PEI
- KidSport PEI distributed over $85,000 in grants to children from low-income families
We would like to thank our departing board member, Karen MacLeod, for all of her years of service to Sport PEI and the sports community across PEI. We are pleased to welcome Robyn MacDonald, Kings County Director, and Charlotte Jenkins, Director at large, to the Board of Sport PEI.
Tom Crowell, Janet Clark, Kaye Kelly, Lacey MacLauchlan, Paul Jenkins, Alexa Ellis, Brian Chambers, Rob Cameron, and Ryan Innis continue their work on the board for the 2020-21 year.
View the Sport PEI and KidSport PEI Reports below.
Thank you to everyone who attended our AGM we are hopeful for the future and looking forward to another great year of sport.