She’s Got it All Celebrates International Women’s Day
Happy International Women’s Day!
Today, we celebrate and acknowledge women’s achievements. We would also like to use this platform to highlight some of the issues facing our very own Island athletes.
Did you know?
– In PEI, 77% of all active coaches are male
– 76% of all coach developers are male
– 74% of officials on the Island are male
– 64% of all Provincial Sport Organization board members are male
– And of all Island athletes, only 43% are female.
We at Sport PEI strive for equity in everything we do, and by highlighting some of these issues, we hope to spread awareness and help to promote more female involvement in the many facets of sport.
Help change the game at yourrole.womenandsport.ca/
The She’s Got It All campaign was made possible due to the support from the Sport Partnership and Engagement Program, a project of the Sport Participation Bilateral which is jointly funded by the Province of PEI (Department of Health and Wellness) and the Federal Government (Canadian Heritage – Sport Canada).