PSO Administrative Coordinator – Job Opening
To Provide administrative, governance and logistical support to three (3) Provincial Sport Organizations and provide consultation on sport trends, organizational effectiveness and strategic direction.
The main focus of the position will be to strengthen the capacity of selected small and medium size PSO’s on PEI and to strengthen their overall effectiveness in the following key governance areas:
1. Human Resource management (volunteers)
2. Policy/foundation documents/dispute resolution
3. Planning/priorities/work structures
4. Financial Management
5. Board operating functions: (communications/meeting effectiveness/ orientation process/knowledge of PSO system supports and services)
6. Board orientation and succession planning
PSO Administrative Coordinator Program will:
1. support and enhance the capacity of PSOs
2. support the implementation of good governance policies and practices.
3. provide administrative support to PSO’s
4. support sport sector special initiatives.
Office setting, offsite meetings required
Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
May be subject to a criminal record check and/or other background checks
Working conditions: sitting, using a computer, and repetitive motions over extended periods of time
Degree in Kinesiology, Sport Administration, Sport Management, Health & Human Performance, Physical Education, Recreation Management or equivalent work experience in the field of coaching or administrating sport at the provincial or national level. A working knowledge of the Canadian and PEI sport systems and their components.
Please submit resume and cover letter via indeed.ca.
Application deadline: October 22, 2021