February 8, 2022
CPHO Update – February 8, 2022
The Chief Public Health Office announced the easing of public health measures effective, February 17.
- Individuals and team sports can begin competition so long as the total number of participants is less than 50 per day.
- Individuals and teams are able to participate in interprovincial games and events.
- No big tournaments are allowed (that would see more than 50 participants involved in a day)
- Masking is still required as participants enter/exit facilities, move about within them and in the change rooms.
- Participants 19 years and older must follow the Vaxpass requirements of showing proof of vaccination for entrance.
- If activity is mixed with some participants 19 years of age and older and some 19 years of age and younger, all participants are required to show proof of vaccination.
- Venues can allow up to 50% of their capacity for spectators to watch the event. This means if you have seats for 300 spectators, 150 are allowed to enter the facility to watch the event.
- Spectators should physical distance as best they can within the facility space.
- There is no requirement for any spectators to cohort based on which team they are supporting.
- All spectators must wear masks throughout the duration of the activity and while moving about inside the facility.
- All spectators must meet the Vaxpass requirements:
- Spectators 19 and older must show proof of vaccine and valid ID
- Spectators 12 to 18 just need to show proof of vaccine
The Moving On – Transition Plan to Living with COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/health-and-wellness/moving-on-transition-plan-to-living-with-covid-19