Baseball PEI – Executive Director Opening
Position Summary: The Executive Director of Baseball PEI is tasked with the leadership of Baseball PEI, the third-largest provincial sports organization on Prince Edward Island. This position is full-time and will be responsible for handling the day-to-day and administrative duties of Baseball PEI. The Executive Director will have a role in the creation of the policy, procedures, marketing strategies and strategic direction, as well as be tasked with the implementation of policy, procedures, programming, marketing and strategic direction of Baseball PEI. This is a full-time position with benefits. The salary is commensurate with experience.
- Lead Baseball PEI in a manner that supports the mission and goals of the organization as determined by the Board of Directors of Baseball PEI.
- Handle the day-to-day and administrative tasks necessary for the strong operation of Baseball PEI.
- Be the first point of contact for minor baseball associations and the general public in the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of the provincial baseball NCCP program.
- Coordinate, oversee and attend pre-season league meetings.
- Assist Directors in the running of Baseball PEI competitions.
- Help organize and plan grassroots and high-performance development.
- Serve as the public face of Baseball PEI in media opportunities.
- Operate the social media platforms of Baseball PEI.
- Attend and serve as an ex-officio member at all Board of Directors meetings of Baseball PEI.
- Complete all government and non-government funding proposals and requirements.
- Liaison with the Director of Administration in areas such as budgeting and finances.
- Collaborate with Baseball Canada and other baseball- and sport-specific organizations.
- Provide leadership to any other staff or volunteers, including recruitment, training and motivation.
Qualifications and Assets
- Completion of at least one post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work individually and as a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Background in the area of sport administration.
- Experience with policy formation and implementation.
- Strong problem solving and program evaluation skills.
- Proficient in various technologies.
- Ability to be flexible with hours, especially during the summer months.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public.
- Experience in baseball would be an asset.
- Experience in marketing and sponsorships would be an asset.
This position reports to the President of the Board of Directors of Baseball PEI.
Apply by Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 12 pm by emailing your resume, with at least three references, to