March 15, 2020
As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to
evolve, the impact to our Island community grows.
COVID-19 (March 15, 2020)
Many sport organizations have made the decision to
cancel their programming to assist in protecting their members and the general
public as a whole.
With the most recent announcement of the closure of
Early Learning Centres and the extension of March break, it is recommended that
if you have not yet done so that your sport organization cancel all activities
until at least April 6, 2020. As updates
continue to be provided, please ensure that you are following the advice of the
Chief Public Health Office.
In addition, the Royalty Centre will be following the
recommendations of the Chief Public Health Office and therefore we are asking
our members not to enter our facility if you:
- Have travelled outside of Canada
- Have been in close contact (within 2 meters)
with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have been in close contact with a person with a
fever greater than 38 C OR who has a cough AND has travelled outside of Canada.
We ask that you respect the health of our Royalty
Centre community and do not enter and self-isolate in accordance of the
guidelines of the Chief Public Health Office.
We also encourage everyone to follow routine
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, stay
home if possible
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Don’t share items like drinking glasses and
- Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs
It’s important that the sport community help our
fellow citizens by heeding the advice of the Chief Public Health Office. For more information, please visit: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/covid-19